Saturday, January 3, 2015

Sketchdaily 3 - Fabric Folds

Fabric folds was actually one of my favourite studies that I ever did in any art class, it was a lot of fun to look at and then put down fabric folds, the shadows and highlights were obvious if you just took the time to look for them.

Today, however, I went a different direction with it. I have had this character in my imagination for ages so I have decided to put her down on paper. She is a bad ass treasure hunter like Indiana Jones, knows how to put baddies in their place like Dresden/The Gun Slinger, has the gymnastic moves and tenacity of Lara Croft and is a great warrior with near super natural powers like Anita Blake. She is a red head who wears combat heels, a fedora and a cloak that helps her blend into the night.

I used my Prismacolour pencil crayons for this. I see now looking at it that I should have had a more ragged/less even end to her hair. Also I discovered that way to many of my pencil crayons were broken (on the inside) so I will have to add a new set to my wish list (I have had these ones for at least ten years).




No comments:

Post a Comment